Monday 6 July 2009

Pride London 2009



independence day in the US.... Gay Pride in London!


again a lot of firsts for me in London since I got here. last weekend was no exception. it was my first ever gay pride! aside from me and my baby, we were in the company of another couple who lives next door to my baby's flat and one of their friend.


baby, me, danilo, christoph, sam

the crowd was massive outside piccadilly circus station. the atmosphere obviously was very gay. it felt good walking with your partner hand in hand without people giving you a second look. i saw guys kissing passionately on the streets. girls too.

the metropolitan police also participated in the parade which was a testament of support to the gay sector. that was really nice! the party in trafalgar square was just starting when we arrived. we saw various artists performed. and the crowd was crazy! partied like there was no tomorrow.

at around 4pm, we went to Leicester Square to see Boy George. and we were not disappointed. we saw a big celebrity! his stint was short though. but he hung out for quite some time backstage evidently in the pic below.hehehehe



me infront of St. Martin in the Fields...rainbow flag was displayed infront of the church

we finished the party in Trafalgar Square and had dinner at a Korean Restaurant, walked to Soho for a bit and head home. it was a very special day for the gay community. as one of the organizer said, London is OURS today! And conquer we did!

the rainbow flag

No comments:

Post a Comment